Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Books by the Banks

This Saturday at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati is Books by the Banks, a free book festival.


Though I’ve lived in Cincinnati since 2006, this will be the first time I’m attending. I blame this on three things. 

First, for most of my time in Cincinnati, I was too focused on other things besides writing (like settling in, starting my science career, making friends, finding and dating and marrying my husband). Not that I haven’t always been an avid reader, because my mounds of books prove otherwise. 

Second, I didn't know the festival existed until a couple of years ago. And I even lived downtown for three years. Crazy, right?

Third, I never had anyone to go with. Not that this should have stopped me, but I was intimidated by the enormity of the festival. I’m an introvert. I’m a book nerd, not a social butterfly.

Things have changed. It’s been about fourteen months since I decided to seriously pursue a writing career and something like this book festival is a great networking opportunity. Plus, I know about a half dozen of the YA authors who are going to be there. 

And then there’s ALL THE BOOKS. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment